IQVIA (May 2016 - present)
Software and DevOps engineer
Collaborated on creating and maintaining tools to streamline deployment.
Wrote Terraform modules and configurations.
Evangelized infrastructure-as-code and best practices.
Splunk EKS deployment
A Terraform and kubectl configuration to deploy a production-ready Splunk cluster onto an existing EKS cluster.
- Created deployment Splunk cluster of 1 master node, 2 search heads, and 3 indexers with enabled HTTP Event Collectors.
- Enabled SmartStore to persist warm-and-colder indexer buckets to S3 instead of large, expensive EBS volumes.
- Implemented Auth0-backed SSO.
Production EKS cluster
A Terraform configuration to deploy a custom Kubernetes cluster on AWS EKS.
- Converted Makefile workflow into Terraform workflow.
- Added Tillerless Helm to Terraform configuration.
- Added validation for binaries and dependencies.
- Implemented “Terraform admin” setup to manage resources through an IAM role instead of AWS credentials directly.
A React + Go tool for managing Kubernetes RBAC permissions.
- Assumed ownership of project and led design.
- Implemented API client middleware with authorization header management.
- Refactored as better practices were learned.
- Wrote Jest + Enzyme test suite, set up pre-commit CI.
A Go CLI tool for deploying Dockerized applications to AWS infrastructure.
- Added stateless workflow via AWS Fargate.
- Expanded system tests.
- Took ownership of service entities during big API refactor.
- Added load balancer health checks.
- Wrote usage walkthroughs, updated documentation.
- Automated release process through a GitHub machine user.
A Go wrapper around AWS ECR with custom authentication.
- Authored Auth0-backed authentication workflow with retry and exponential backoff logic.
/images API endpoint, including Swagger.
Code Fellows (Feb - May 2016)
Evaluated student assignments and provided feedback and code review.
Provided assistance and mentorship in person and remotely.
Certificate, Full-Stack Python – August 2015
Code Fellows, Seattle WA
B.A. in Classical Civilization – May 2010
University of Vermont, Burlington VT